Our purpose is to do all things for God’s glory and we devote ourselves to God’s word, prayer and unity.
We devote ourselves to God’s Word, (2 Peter 1:19-21) and we devote ourselves to prayer, (Col. 4:2) that we may be “of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose,” (NASV, Phil. 2:2) for God’s glory. (Rom. 11:36)
In discipleship, we focus on our relationship with Christ and our relationship with others.
The Lord Jesus Christ has commissioned us to “make disciples.” (Matt. 28:18-20) The making of disciples begins with OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST. We acknowledge that He is our sovereign Lord, (Matt.. 28:18-19a) and we identify ourselves with Him in outward baptism. (Matt. 28:19, Rom 6:1-11) Discipleship continues in OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS. We teach others to observe Christ’s commandments (Matt. 28:20) by our instruction, (2 Tim. 2:2) by our example, (I Tim. 4:12) and by our fellowship. (I John 1:3-7) Our fellowship is with Christ, (Matt. 28:20) our Head, (Eph. 5:23) and with His Body, the Church. (Acts 2:42)
In worship, we teach fellowship, have communion, pray, sing and give with our families.
1. Teaching: by giving “attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, and teaching.” (NASV, I Tim. 4:13, Acts. 2:42)
2. Fellowship: by “encouraging one another.” (NASV, Heb. 10:25, Acts. 2:42)
3. Communion: by remembering and proclaiming Christ. (I Cor. 11:24-26, Acts. 2:42)
4. Prayer: by the church body being a part of drawing near “to the throne of grace.” (NASV, Heb. 4:16, Acts. 2:42)
5. Music: by singing and playing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. (Eph. 5:19, Ps. 33:3)
6. Giving: by cheerfully giving what we have purposed in our hearts. (I Cor. 16:2, II Cor. 9:7)
7. Children & Youth: by integrating them into our worship and ministry. (Matt. 19:14)
In missions and outreach, we declare the gospel and disciple others at home, in our country and in the remotest parts of the earth by proclaiming Christ.
We declare God’s glory among the nations, (Psalm 96:3) in doing all we can, to obey the Great Commission, by reaching out to all people groups. Our church encourages all, whether “goers” or “senders” to declare the gospel, (Mark 16:15) to disciple others, (Matt. 28:18-20) and to be a part of establishing Christ’s church at home, in our country, and in the remotest parts of the earth. (Acts. 1:8)
1. We are burdened for the lost. (I Tim. 2:4)
2. We continually pray, that God will keep opening up to us doors of opportunities to share the gospel. (Col. 4:3, Matt. 9:38)
3. We are not ashamed (Luke 9:26, Rom. 1:16) to exalt Christ in our lives, (Phil 1:20) and in our evangelizing, (2 Tim 4:5) so we may bear fruit for God’s glory. (Jn. 15:8)
4. We are dependant upon God, (Zech. 4:6) to open the hearts of the lost, (Acts 16:14) to respond to the gospel. (Acts. 2:47)
5. We proclaim Christ! We warn everyone we meet, and we teach everyone we can, all that we know about Him, so that we may bring every man up to his full maturity in Christ. (Phillips Modern English, Col. 1:28)